k¡l e¡j Oe¡c¡ !! fªÏbh£l ®qe S¡uN¡ ®eC ®kM¡®e a¡yl AÉ¡X®ieQ¡l ®eC z HLh¡l ®a¡ fË¡u jÂm NË®q Q®m k¡ÏµQ®me! ®eq¡v cu¡ L®l l®u ®N®Qe HC hej¡m£ eØLl ®m®e z qyÉ¡,®pC ÏaÏe, Vw Hl O®ll ÏhnÄQÉ¡ÏÇfu¡e h¡P¡m£ q®me Oe¡c¡ z

If you are not able to view the bangla blog then you probably need to download unicode bengali fonts like "avro keyboard".

Ghonada songbad

Some more " Ghonada news"

The 4 "musketeers" in Ghonada were Shibu, Shishir, Gour and Sudhir.
Shibu: Name for old friend Shibram Chakravarty [noted bengali writer].
Shishir: Shishir Mitra.
Gour: Gourangoprasad Basu.
Sudhir: Premendra Mitra himself.


Gourangoprasad and Shishir Mitra formed BASU-MITRA production company [BasuMitra Pratisthan] involved in film making. Bengali Feature film ' Kalochaya' by Premendra Mitra was under the banner of BASUMITRA Pratisthan. More information about BasuMitra can be found over google.

Ghonadar favorite snacks: Ghonada khati bhojonrosik bangali. Ki baad jay tar list theke, Kobiraji, Hinger Kochuri, Fish Cutlet, Badshahi Singara athoba borsar sondhe bela telmakha muri arr alur chop etc just few of them.

Ghonadar jana bhasa [The languages Ghonada speaks]: Ghonada knows almost all important languages, sometimes sign languages too, as it is require to cipher or de-cipher encrypted messages. He is the first truely bengali cosmopolitan urban hero. Some them will be German, Basque [northern Spain dialect], French, Malay, Mandarin Chinese, Very old Tibetan language, Swahili [native african language], Old Mayan language etc to name a few. He knows many more....


Ghonada received huge popularity but this was never channelised into business. This awsome stories are now giving way to new trendy ones and most "Gen -Next" bengali are not even aware of them. When I tried searching something for Ghonada, I found almost no material in internet about him. That's almost extinction from public eye, hence I had to create this webspace to put whatever information about Ghonada and Premendra Mitra I found relevant.

6 comments:

Subhro said...

What about my Ghonada comic series on Anandamela (Sharadiya)?

Anonymous said...

sorry, i dont have them, why dont you tell us something more about them?

rawbanz said...

Hi subhro,

I dont have the comics, can you tell us more about them...

I appriciate your visit to the website and comment about the same. Please let us know about the comics we will write about it.

- Ananyo

Subhro said...

It was the year 2005 (Pl. don't mind. I'm following the style of our great Ghonada) I started to picturise my favourite hero in comics in Anandamela'05 puja issue. 'Mosha' was my first work and from the beginning my aim
was to create comics like international standard. Unfortunately no experimental efforts in realistic form could be
seen in India as I know. The market has not yet flurished to enable a setup with penciler, inker, colourist and others
seperately. In our country we the graphic novelist have to do everything single handedly and this is the story behind
my Ghonada comic series.

Besides 'Mosha', the other ones are 'Poka' and 'Kach' published in the Saradya issue of Anandamela in '06 and '07 respectively. Keeping the modern generation in mind I made a change or two without
in my series. However I was careful in keeping the original spirit and flavour of Ghnada.

Now I leave it to my readers and viewers to evaluate my work.

rawbanz said...

Its really nice to know about this Shubro, I wish you all the very best with great work you have taken and took the time to see the website and publish the comments. I am sure one day these sincere efforts will pay up and Ghonada will become a truely international figure, I know how much effort and time and dilligence it takes to put up these drawings and that too without proper backing. I guess i cant really express how much happy i am to know about the Ghonada comics... Keep it up sir. great work and keep going....

Ananyo

rawbanz said...

I have read the "kaanch" comics and found the drawings, usage of colors and ghonada sense of very high quality. Found this time ghonada comics has not published in the Anandamela sharadiya 2008. Any idea, anyone? Most of the community people said they missed it badly.

Premendra Mitra - Creator of Ghonada.

Shri Premendra Mitra [1904 (1905?)-1988] was born in UP [Uttar Pradesh] in the holy hindu city of Benaras, later came to the great city of Calcutta for study and work by 1930's. He used to stay in a mess bari near Sealdah.. which gradually became the adda of Ghonada....

Premendra Mitra used to study in The Scottish Church College. He was also a great supporter of The MohunBagan club. He received Desikottom award for literature. His many short stories or novels were made movies by prominent bengali film makers. One of them is Kapurush by none other than Satyajit Ray (so far the only oscar winner Indian director) - the original story was Janaiko Kapurusher Kahini by Premendra Mitra. A list of Movies directed or related to Premendra Mitra is here in the link below:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0593958/

After trying luck in many things like directing movies, writing screenplays etc he finally got into fame because of his writing talent.... Ghonada made him immensely popular among bengali readers.

How do you find this website